Who we are
Industry Super Australia (ISA) is a collective body for funds that carry the Industry SuperFund symbol. ISA manages research, advocacy and collective projects on behalf of those funds and their five million members. Our aim is to maximise the retirement savings of all our members.
ISA works with our collective ISFs to ensure all Australians have access to their best possible financial wellbeing, both during their working lives and in retirement. We advocate strongly, fearlessly and with commitment to demand fair super and drive positive public policy outcomes in the best interests of our funds and all members. Our core values of LEADERSHIP, COLLABORATION, TRUST and RESPECT provide the framework for all decision-making and guide our day to day priorities and behaviours to achieve these outcomes.
ISA is welcoming expressions of interest for a highly skilled and motivated data modeller and analyst looking to enhance their career in superannuation and retirement income policy. This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and experience to influence positive retirement policy change for working Australians.
Key responsibilities for the role will include the following:
- Undertake evidence-based research that contributes to policy debates and protects and enhances the reputation of ISA and IndustrySuper Funds
- Distributional analysis of unit record files and data from the ATO, ABS, DSS, APRA and superannuation datasets which relate to superannuation, taxation, social security or other aspects of retirement incomes
- Microsimulation, cameo and projection modelling of retirement income policy proposals
- Longitudinal analysis of HILDA and other detailed datasets
- Data analysis and modelling on superannuation sector and fund performance
- Analysis of demographic, fiscal and economic issues in retirement income policy proposals
- Liaison with commonwealth agencies, industry stakeholders and academics
- Project management and development of more junior team members
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- A good to excellent understanding of retirement income policy including superannuation, social security and income taxation
- Experience in microsimulation modelling, cameo analysis, economic/financial modelling and fiscal analysis/costings. Demographic modelling is advantageous.
- Experience in working with a statistical package such as Python, R, SAS, and advanced skills in excel
- Data wrangling and data visualisation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in leading projects and people
- Ability to work as a member of small and large teams
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce, statistics, or finance public policy field
Benefits of working with ISA
- Preferably the role is based in either Melbourne or Canberra, but other locations considered
- We are a values-led organisation that offers workplace flexibility, a supportive and friendly team and the opportunity to help working Australians have a dignified retirement.
- Our dynamic team, collaborative work program and sense of purpose drives us as a successful organisation.
- We offer generous working conditions and provide opportunity for further development wherever possible.
- ISA is an equal opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion.
All applications are to be sent to email@example.com
If you’d like to know more about the role, please contact Jo McNaughton on 0411 016 855.