This calculator is not intended to be relied upon for the purposes of making a financial decision. You should consider your objectives, financial situation and needs, which are not accounted for in this information, before making any investment or financial decisions.
You are responsible for your own investment decisions and should obtain specific, individual advice from a financial services licensee before making any financial decisions.
Deeming is a key consideration in the Age Pension income test. When using this deeming calculator, it is assumed that you are an Australian resident and you are age-eligible.
Deemed income from your investment assets is calculated by multiplying the asset value by the applicable deeming rates.
Deeming rates are set by the Federal Government.
The deeming rates and thresholds effective from 1 July 2020 are:
- Singles - 0.25% on the first $53,000 of your total investment assets and 2.25% on your assets over $53,000.
- Couples - 0.25% on the first $88,000 of your total investment assets and 2.25% on your assets over $88,000.
Assets subject to deeming include:
- Superannuation assets.
- Savings accounts, cash and term deposits.
- Managed investments such as managed funds and insurance bonds.
- Debentures (money owed to you).
- Gold, silver or platinum bullion.
Assets not subject to deeming include:
- Your home.
- Home contents.
- Investment properties.
- Cars, boats and caravans.