Tax refund calculator
Your tax return might have some good news for you
Am I due a tax refund?
At tax time, many Australians get a pleasant surprise – a tax refund from the ATO. This could be from claiming eligible deductions, overestimating your income tax bill or making voluntary super contributions.
Our quick and simple tax refund calculator is set up for the 2020-21 tax year plus 2019-20, 2018-19 and 2017-18, and can give you an estimate of what the ATO might return to you.
Most common tax deductions
- Work related expenses, including, vehicle and travel expenses; uniform or clothing laundry and dry cleaning; communications, including work related mobile phone and internet charges; overtime meals; self-education costs and tools and equipment.
- Personal superannuation contributions
- Union membership
- Donations and charitable gifts
- Investment income deductions such as interest charges and other costs
- More info on tax deductions